Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Trans Atlantic

I'm sitting on my sofa, jet-lagged, and my mac book just keeps getting hotter and hotter. Apparently this is normal, but I can't help feeling that I've turned a corner with the purchase of this dark powerhouse of a computer. Things are getting hot in the kitchen, and a blog is a sure fire way for both me and this machine to blow off some steam. Now that I think of it, this computer really needs a name. Back in the Fonzarelli 70's people named their cars. Now it's time to name our computers. The name for this one has to be something really HOT, 'cause you could cook an egg on this thing.
So what do I have to tell you? We were back in Canada recently and it was great. Started off with a family campout.



Next was Soundwave, featuring extreme bocce.



Even managed to squish in some rock climbing. (It isn't me in the picture by the way - I can only dream of being that good!)



Generally, a fun time was had, and now here I am back in a cold land with a hot mac. Friends really are wonderful things, even when they're a long way away. So now that I've reconnected with all of these wonderful people, I've decided that BLOGGING is a good way to stay in touch and to share some of my quirkiness with you all from afar. So here goes:
  • My oldest friend (he could almost be qualified as a geezer he's so old) pointed something out to me and it really got me thinking. Dr. Hook strikes me as more than a little bit paranoid. Take "When You're in Love with a Beautiful Woman" for example. Check out these lyrics. Looking over your shoulder, or, um, HER shoulder is no way to live.
  • For all of you Star Wars geeks, check out Bespin. J., this means you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home